Clearly, women’s beauty has quite a head start on the men’s grooming market. Beyond shaving and basic hygiene, it wasn’t too long ago that men were considered “metro” if they dared to care about moisturizing, plucking or buffing. Now, for many men a little those “extras” are just considered good grooming. In fact, some of these men’s products are actually good enough for the ladies. Here are some of our favorite products for grooming à deux.
1. Anthony Advanced Formula Lip Balm ($9) – This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. When my lips are feeling parched from the cold weather, I slather some of this on and it quickly moisturizes and repairs my lips.
2. Art of Shaving Alum Styptic Pen ($12) – Made of Aluminum Sulfate, styptic pens/pencils are a staple in many men’s grooming kits in the event of bleeding from any nicks or cuts during shaving. Guess what? It will work for your shaving mishaps too. It also calms skin irritated by razor burn.
3. Billy Jealousy Hot Towel ($30) – This pre-shave treatment becomes warm when it comes into contact with water. The perfect foil for those chilly morning showers. It also has chamomile to soothe irritated skin and natural fruit oils for moisturizing.
4. Rituals Magic Shave ($29) – Mild, yet incredibly effective, this shave cream delivers a close, smooth shave and leaves skin calm. It is enriched with basil and ginseng to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
5. Percy Nobleman Mustache Wax ($10) – Use this mustache wax on brows to get them perfectly groomed. No need for extra gel, this wax will have your brows staying put with just a hint of sheen.
6. Van Der Hagen Badger Brush ($19) – Get a closer than close shave by using this brush along with shave cream to soften hairs and get them into prime position for removal.
When you buy those Father’s Day gifts for him, there’s a little something in the deal for you too. I’d say that is the ultimate in multi-tasking!