Although I enjoy the summer for the long, seemingly carefree, sunny days and outdoor fun, I’m fully ready to embrace the fall. I love pulling on a warm, cozy sweater, grabbing a mug of hot apple cider and a piece of pumpkin anything (pie, coffee cake, scones, etc.), some jeans and boots and enjoying the gorgeous fall foliage and crisp air.
1. Oscar de la Renta Nail Lacquer in Red Carnation ($22) – One of three nail lacquers in a limited edition collection that was featured in Oscar de la Renta’s Fall 2012 runway show.
2. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Provocation ($26) – On Fashion’s Night Out (September 6), Chanel will be launching its limited-edition Les Twin-Sets de Chanel, three complementary nail polish and lip color duos. Our favorite is the vampy Provocation nail lacquer and its matching Rouge Allure Velvet lip colour in La Provocant.
3. Deborah Lippmann in Modern Love ($16) – This smoky mauve is a great Fall universally-flattering neutral with a touch of purple.
4. Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Taint ($14) – The polish has a unique rubber finish that leaves behind a highly pigmented semi-matte look.
5. OPI Nail Lacquer in Unfor-greta-bly Blue ($8) – Love this rich, shimmery royal blue. A great complement to the burgundy, forest greens and other gemtone clothes that will be on-trend this Fall.
6. MAC Cosmetics Carine Roitfeld Nail Lacquer in Underfire Red ($17.50) – The famed former editor of Paris Vogue now has her own MAC nail lacquer. I can’t help but think this is exactly what she would wear.