February 3 is “National Wear Red Day”, a day to show support for and raise the awareness of women’s heart health. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women. The makers of these products are donating a portion of proceeds to support women’s heart health research. So, don your best red dress or red platforms and MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and then go shopping to support this important cause!
1. DERMAdoctor Little Red Dress Rejuvenating Chic Tint ($28) – a multi-tasking anti-aging cheek and lip tint. DERMAdoctor will donate 25% of the proceeds of the sale of this product to the American Heart Association. dermadoctor.com
2. Macy’s “Go Red for Women” Shop – a selection of products made just for Macy’s that support the Go Red for Women movement during the month f February. Shown Above: Donatella™ Collection Sterling Silver Red Heart Bead ($45) – 10% of proceeds will be donated to the American Heart Association. macys.com
3. Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation ($27) – Foundation, powder, concealer and SPF all in one convenient compact. Pür Minerals and their parent company, Astral Brands, will donate $250,000 to Go Red for Women. purminerals.com
4. Yankee Candle ($28) – from Jan. 20 through Feb. 15, 2012, Yankee Candle will donate $1 to Go Red For Women from the sale of each large jar candle in select red fragrances (True Rose, Tulips, Black Cherry, Mandarin Cranberry, Sweet Strawberry, Macintosh), for a maximum donation of $50,000. yankeecandle.com
5. Joico K-PAK ReconstRx “Heart Month” Red VaporIron – Joico has pledged a donation of $12,500 to the American Heart Association. joico.com
6. Go Red for Women Boutique Mirror ($18) – look pretty and feel even more beautiful. Proceeds from the sale of this mirror and the other items in the boutique support the Go Red for Women movement. heart.org
® The Heart Truth logo is a registered trademark of HHS